Dining Table Edge Profiles
At Live Edge Design we are wood nerds with a passion for “Bringing Nature inside” through functional art furniture.
Our super power is the ability to supply clever, beautiful and long-lasting solutions for client’s spaces.
Long and rewarding relationships with customers, suppliers and employees is what makes our hard work worthwhile.
Here, loyalty is not a plastic points card, but a feeling and an attitude.
1. (in carpentry) cut away (a right-angled edge or corner) to make a symmetrical sloping edge. “a neat chamfered edge”
2. a symmetrical sloping surface at an edge or corner.
A chamfer is essentially a beveled edge along or across a corner. Although the most typical chamfer is 45 degree this is not essential.
Chamfered edges can give a table top a very clean, crisp look and become a focal point in the overall style of a project.
1. The line along which a body of water meets the land
A shoreline edge is our newest creation. If you love bold, beautiful live edge, but find it rather difficult to eat around, a Shoreline table is the best of both worlds.
Typically done in clear resin, Shoreline Fill allows the live edge to shine, whilst giving you a practical straight edge when eating and drinking.
1. Extending or moving uniformly in one direction only; without a curve or bend
2. properly positioned so as to be level, upright or symmetrical
Straight edges are very sleek and stylish ways to focus the beauty of your tables. Straight edges will not take away from beautiful
rivers or tidepools and will give your table an elegant, modern look.
1.A sharp wedge of steel or other hard material created by a precision instrument
2. A sharp narrow knife-like edge
A knife edge is a sloping cut that recedes downward and away from the topmost edge of a surface.
The result is a modern, sharp style that is sure to make a statement.
1.Part of the living tree; the outer rings
2. The outside limit of an object, area or surface; a place or part farthest away from the center of something.
Live edge or natural edge is a style of furniture where the furniture designer or craftsperson incorporates the natural edge of the wood into the design of the piece,
retaining the tree’s raw, natural beauty.
1.A slope surface or edge from the horizontal or vertical in carpentry and stonework
2. A change from a square edge of an object to a sloping one
A beveled edge is elegant and dressy. Beveled edges are angled and slope downward but are not perpendicular to the faces of the tables.