Last updated: August 18, 2021
At Live Edge Design Inc., we are committed to providing our customers with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our customers, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
While we have always respected our customers’ privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). PIPA, which is current as of 14 July 2021, sets out the ground rules for how B.C. businesses and not-for-profit organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
We will inform our customers of why and how we collect, use and disclose their personal information, obtain their consent where required, and only handle their personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
This Personal Information Protection Policy, in compliance with PIPA, outlines the principles and practices we will follow in protecting customers’ personal information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our customers’ personal information and allowing our customers to request access to, and correction of, their personal information.
Personal Information – means information about an identifiable individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address and Federal Tax ID or Social Security Number (for our US customers only). Personal information does not include contact information (described below).
Contact information – means information that would enable an individual to be contacted at a place of business and includes name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number. Contact information is not covered by this policy or PIPA.
Privacy Officer – means the individual designated responsibility for ensuring that Live Edge Design Inc. complies with this policy and PIPA.
Policy 1 – Collecting Personal Information
1.1 Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the customer voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
1.2 We will only collect customer information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To deliver requested products and services, we require delivery address and phone number
- To ensure a high standard of service to our customers
- To collect and process deposit and final payments, credit card information
1.3 Examples of Information collected
You provide information to us when you:
- Search or shop for products or services on our website;
- Add or remove an item from your cart, place an order through, or otherwise use Live Edge Design Services;
- Download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- Provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile;
- Configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an Live Edge Design device or service;
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- Complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- Identifying information such as your name, address, and/or phone number;
- Payment information;
- Your age;
- Your location information;
- Your IP address;
- Content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- Images and videos collected or stored in connection with Live Edge Design Services;
- Information and documents regarding identity.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- The IP address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- Login, e-mail address, and password;
- The location of your device or computer;
- Content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, and information about your internet service provider;
- Device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Live Edge Design Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
Version and time zone settings;
- Purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers
- The full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- Phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- Search results and links.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Live Edge Design Services include:
- Status of recent orders;
- Your complete order history;
- Personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail and password);
- Email notification settings;
- Your Live Edge Design profile.
Policy 2 – Consent
2.1 Consent may also be implied where a customer is given notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of his or her personal information being used for e-mail marketing of our monthly newsletter and the customer does not opt-out.
2.2 We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the customers knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source (e.g., a telephone directory);
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt;
- To protect ourselves from fraud;
- To investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
Policy 3 – Using and Disclosing Personal Information
3.1 We will only use or disclose customer personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of collection:
- To ship the customer their finished goods, Live Edge Design Inc. needs to provide name, delivery address and phone number.
- We require a Fed Tax ID number or a Social Security Number when shipping items into the United States.
3.2 We will not use or disclose customer personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so.
3.3 We will never sell customer lists or personal information to other parties.
Policy 4 – Retaining Personal Information
- We will retain customer personal information (credit card information) only as long as necessary to fulfill the sales contract.
- We do not keep credit card information on file, once the contract has been completed.
Policy 5 – Securing Personal Information
5.1 We are committed to ensuring the security of customer personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
5.2 The following security measures will be followed to ensure that customer personal information is appropriately protected:
Live Edge Design Inc uses locked filing cabinets, the use of user ID’s and passwords, and restricting employee access to personal information as appropriate. Customers’ credit card information is kept separately from their sales information.
5.3 We will use appropriate security measures when destroying customers personal information such as shredding documents and deleting any electronically stored information.
5.4 We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
Policy 6 – Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. This text file enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, for example so you don’t have to re-enter them whenever you come back to the website or browse from one page to another. A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs:
- Session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser; or
- Persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which a cookie belongs, there are either:
- First-party cookies, which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain (in this case LiveEdgeDesign.com domain); or
- Third-party cookies, which are stored by a different domain from the visited page’s domain.
6.2 Pixel Tags/Web Beacons
A pixel tag (aka web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in a web page that collects information about visitors’ engagement. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a visitor has visited a particular web page.
We or authorized third parties collect some information, including Device and Usage Information, by automated means using cookies, web beacons, and server logs for analytic purposes. When you visit or access the Services, we may — by means of cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, and/or other similar technologies — automatically collect technical information about the devices and software you use to access the Services, such as the type of Internet browser or mobile device you use, the website or source that linked or referred you to the Services, your IP address or device ID (or other persistent identifier that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device on the Internet), the operating system of your computer or mobile device, and other similar technical information.
These same technologies (or a combination of them) may also be used to help us:
- Capture and store users’ preferences, account settings, and certain login information (for convenience, user verification, and account security);
- Compile statistics and analytics about your use of and interaction with the Services, including details about how and where our Services are accessed, how often a user visits or uses the Services, the date and time of user visits to, and actions on, the Services, which areas of the Service are visited and for how long, and other similar traffic, usage, and trend data;
- Gather important functionality, testing, and performance data about our Services, including performance data;
- Moderation, such as protecting against fraud, security incidents and other inappropriate activities;
- Gather demographic information about our customer base;
- Enable Ad Partners to work with us on advertising our Services; and
- Perform other similar functions.
Policy 7– Questions and Complaints: The Role of the Privacy Officer or designated individual
7.1 The Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring Live Edge Design Inc. compliance with this policy and the Personal Information Protection Act.
7.2 Customers should direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding Live Edge Designs Inc. compliance in writing to the Privacy Officer. If the Privacy Officer is unable to resolve the concern, the customer may also write to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia.
Contact information for Live Edge Design Inc. Privacy Officer:
Sharlene Gammie, Office Manager, 5195 Mearns Road, Duncan, BC V9L 6W3, Tel.: 250-748-0763 Fax: 250-748-2988, Email: email@example.com